Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Article that I wrote about Keith's MLM and List building

Keith’s MLM Forums, Articles, and List Building

The longer I’m on the internet the more that I am amazed. This internet thing is incredible.

I have learned a couple of great lessons over the last couple of months that I wanted to share with you. It has to do with Articles, Forums, list building, and becoming the Expert

Let’s talk about them one at a time.

List building.

As I surf the net, I notice that many people are advertising their “company” website. I think that this is a mistake. When I advertise, I advertise to capture peoples names and emails (sometimes phone numbers) that way we can put them into an autoresponder to get them all sorts of information that they may be interested.

If someone just goes to a company website, there is no direction there. They may just poke around and then leave. There is no compelling reason to keep them there. I always advise against promoting your companies website.

If you design a web “capture page” that is designed to entice the client to enter in their contact information, then you can market to that person indefinitely (or until they opt out)

Articles

I have been amazed at the results that a few well written articles can produce. I have had several of my articles “picked up” and syndicated in other places. This of course is fine with me because I share information, and then my link to my website is always at the bottom of the page. This link gets posted thousands and thousands of times all over the internet, and I think google and search engines like lots of links to your website.

Forums

Forums basically work on the same idea as articles. You post ideas, comments, questions and participate in a “thread” of conversation and everytime you post, your signature file contains your website address. Sometimes people will click just to learn a little more about you and take a look at your website. Especially if your advice, comments or questions were relevant.

Becoming the Expert

This is definitely the most important concept that you can grab hold of. Whenever you are seeking out advice or trying to learn a new concept who do you go to? Do you go to someone that knows less than you? No you go to someone that you perceive as an expert in that field.

Because of my extensive experience in online and offline marketing, I have people asking me questions, emailing me questions, and wanting to get involved in my programs, simply because I shared some information with them that they found valuable.

What is a subject matter that you know a lot about? Can you form an online business around that concept? What do you know better than just about everyone else out there? Can you articulate that in an article?

If you combine these concepts into an online presence, this will definitely help you to drive traffic to your site, and help you become profitable as soon as possible.

If you have questions concerns or comments on anything that we write we would love to hear it!!

Keith Jenkins
k.jenkins@gottahaveahouse.com
http://www.mlmtrafficbuilder.com

No comments: