Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Connecting with People One on One

The more "technoligcally savvy" that I become, the more that I realize that it is good ole fashioned converation that really builds businesses.

Over the last several months I have learned how to...

Build this blog (and others)

Write Articles

Post to Forums

Post to Networking Groups

Use Autoreponders

ETC...ETC

But the thing of it is, it is still that connection with other people that is important. Not telling them how great my program is or how smart I am, but working with them to see if there is any common ground.

In short TALKING WITH PEOPLE.

All of my tools that I use on the internet are designed to get me in conversation with "like minded" people.

I have never had any success just "selling" my opportunity without having some sort of a connection between myself and the person that is signing on.

Of course there are some skills that are needed if you are going to be successful. Most times I find people interesting if they just be themselves, and talk like a regular person.

If someone seems to "salesy" that usually turns me off and I end the conversation.

Interpersonal Communication Skills are still the most important things that people can have.

If you have a business that is in the industry of "mlm or Affiliate Marketing" and you are able to build that business without actually talking to people... I would like to hear about it!!

For the rest of you... If you would like to practice your communication skills. I am all ears!!

Keith

No comments: